August 28, 2011

a poem

Cooking and cleaning
can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up,
we've learned to our sorrow.
So settle down cobwebs,
dust go to sleep,
I'm nursing my baby
and babies don't keep.

-Unknown


I read this poem today and it really seems to fit this time in my life. School starts in two day. Two Days! My little girl is getting so big. I know she went to kindergarten last year but it still feels new. I think of how far she's come over the year. She's made great strides in language, she's made great improvements in social skills, and I just can't believe how tall and strong she's getting. So tonight when she woke and needed a snuggle I could have gotten frustrated that her waking was interrupting my work but instead I snuggled her without a grudge. I snuggled her with my face in her hair and breathed deep the smell of my Magoo - my big girl - whose growth will not wait until tomorrow. She won't wait for me so I must enjoy her while I can. This Mom Loves stopping to smell the roses while they bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails